Hello everyone. I’m back in your inbox this summer morning with all the biggest things happening in town today. Without delay…
First, today’s weather forecast:
Warmer with a few showers. High: 73 Low: 59.
Here are the top 4 stories in Huntington today:
- CatVideoFest returns to the Cinema Arts Center on July 10. CatVideoFest is a showcase of cat videos that the Center has culled from hours of submissions, music videos, and more. There will also be a pop-up kitten adoption with Golden Paw Society. (http://www.huntingnow.com)
- First Annual Family Pride Picnic in Huntington on Sunday. The event will take place at Mill Damn Park and will run from 1-4 p.m.“We are excited to throw the first of what will hopefully be many Family Pride Picnics,” said event founders Eric and Jim Rubin Perez. “We want to bring the whole community together, not just to celebrate LGBTQ+ pride, but to recognize the beauty and importance of family and show that Huntington embraces diversity.” (Huntington Patch)
- The Huntington couple create a survey to solve emergency rental assistance issues. June and Lance Margolin created the “New York State Residential Landlord & ERAP Survey” to gather information from other landlords who have tenants who have applied for housing assistance in New York State.. “New York State’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program Badly Facilitated
(ERAP) has allowed our tenant to hold our own home hostage for the past 7 months, the latest chapter in a nearly 2-year nightmare of missing rent, manipulation, violence and crushing expense,” said writes the Margolins. (Huntington Patch)
- Check out the latest Huntington Police blotter. See everything that happened in the city of Huntington from June 12 to June 19. The Second Precinct reminds you to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-221-TIPS if you have information about a crime. (Patch)
Today in Huntington:
- Inauguration ceremony: Marisol’s Beauty Touch. (5 p.m.)
- Open Night Mic – Nag’s Head Ale House. (8:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Greenlawn Civic Association: Greenlawn Civic Association announced their Harborfields Class of 2022 scholarship winners. Congratulations to Katie Cassano, Ryan Cassano and Omar Lee. (Greenlawn Civic Association via Facebook)
- Town of Huntington: The Town of Huntington recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of the nation’s first living memorial in Vietnam KIA. Check out the photos from the event in the link. (Town of Huntington via Facebook)
- Outstretched Hand Rescue Mission: Help recently hosted celebrity nail artist Pattie Yankee. She gave each mom her signature nail color. (Helping Hand Rescue Mission via Facebook)
- The Huntington Municipal Fund: Book your spot today for IPA & Rose on September 18. Registration and sponsorship opportunities are on the Townwide Fund website. (The Huntington Municipal Fund via Facebook)
- South Huntington Public Library: Summer has officially arrived and that means the library has a ton of things to do in the next few months. Head over to their website to see what’s going on! (South Huntington Public Library via Facebook)
- Next door neighbor, Cold Spring Hills: “Looking for a good reliable pool service guy – Does anyone know someone from the area who could be available to come and maintain our swimming pool?” (The next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Family Pride Picnic (June 26)
- Oyster Bay Music Festival (June 26)
- Top 10 Divorce Mistakes and How to Avoid Them – Vesta’s Long Island, NY Hub (June 28)
- Family Day and Saint-Antoine Festival (June 29)
- Hamptons Opera and Broadway: Cristina Fontanelli and Her Fabulous Friends (July 23)
- Add your event
You are now in the know and ready to start this Thursday on the right foot. I will see you soon!
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! My name is Andrew and I have been a resident of Huntington for 7 years. I’ve lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, travel, stand-up paddleboarding and of course going to restaurants and events in Huntington!